Walker Art Gallery
Walker Art Gallery
William Brown Street
Telephone: 0151 478 4199
International Telephone: +44 151 478 4199
Open Hours: Mon -Sun – 10am – 5pm
View location of Walker Art Gallery, England on google maps
Free entry! Open daily 10am – 5pm.
The Walker is in Liverpool city centre, close to the entrance to the Queensway Tunnel and Lime Street Station.
Use the AA Route Planner to plan your journey.
Nearest train stations:
- Liverpool Lime Street – Wirral and national services
- Moorfields station – Northern line services (Southport – Hunts Cross)
- Liverpool Central – Wirral and Northern line services.
- Use the Merseyrail website or National Rail Enquries to plan your journey.
Nearest bus stations:
- Queens Square bus station
- Liverpool One bus station
- Use Merseytravel website to plan your journey.
Nearest coach station:
- Norton Street (Liverpool city centre)
- Use the National Express website to plan your journey.
Car and coach parking
- There is pay and display parking outside the gallery.
- The nearest other car park is at Queen Square.
- William Brown Street is designated a drop off and pick up point for coaches, with a maximum stay of 15 minutes.
- Group bookers travelling by coach can visit the Liverpool Travel Trade website for more information.
Blue badge parking spaces
- There are a limited number of blue badge parking spaces about 20 yards from the museum entrance on William Brown Street.
- These are owned by Liverpool City Council and we cannot reserve them for visitors.
- The first floor contains our major paintings and special exhibitions.
- The ground floor has a craft and design gallery, sculpture gallery and children’s gallery.
- There are baby changing facilities on the first floor.
- Prams can be stored in the ground floor cloakroom.
- Breast feeding.
- Tearoom staffs.
- There are highchairs available on request.
- St John’s Gardens provides plenty of space for running around and a picnic.
- Free Wifi in the café.
- Picnic area – St John’s Gardens, which are opposite the Walker.
- If you are planning a group visit, contact Booking team: 0151 478 4788, Email: Booking form.
- If you would like catering for your group, please contact: WAGCafe@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk
- There is a staffed cloakroom on the ground floor where visitors can also leave prams.
- Large bags and umbrellas are not permitted on the gallery.
- Please note: your bag may be searched on entry.
- The shop is on the ground floor
- Offer selection of jewellery, postcards, prints, books and gifts on sale.
Opening times: Daily 10am – 4.45pm (Hot food is served from 12pm to 3pm)
- Found on the ground floor.
- Offer selection of soups, salads, freshly made sandwiches, cakes and pastries, snacks, hot and cold drinks.
- For Booking, contact Café manager: 0151 478 4194.
- For Enquires: online enquiries form
- Free standing tables and chairs
- Children’s menu
- Group packages available
- Free wifi
Corporate hire, private events and weddings
Events team: 0151 478 4780
Email: corporate.events@liverpool museums.org.uk
Access to our archives
Visitors wishing to access our archives should contact the information desk,
Walker Art Gallery: 0151 478 4199
Artwork on display
If you loan objects to other galleries or remove them for conservation. If you are visiting to see a particular work ,contact
Information desk: 0151 478 4199