The Lands Tribunal is an expert tribunal established by the Lands Tribunal & Compensation Act (NI) 1964. Although it is a court, it includes valuer as well as legal members.
The Tribunal deals both with appeals from some other bodies and also disputes referred directly to it. It can deal only with those disputes where there is provision for it to do so in legislation. If in doubt, parties should take independent professional advice on whether a dispute is within its jurisdiction.
Lands Tribunal deals
The Tribunal deals mainly with the issues:
- about restrictive covenants affecting land;
- between landlords and business tenants;
- about rating valuations appealed from the Commissioner of Valuation or the Northern Ireland Valuation Tribunal;
- about compensation in respect of land compulsorily acquired; and
- as an arbitrator, about rents and values of business properties.
The Registrar is:
Kevin McQuillan LL.B (Hons)
Written correspondence should be addressed to:
The Lands Tribunal
2nd Floor, The Annex
Royal Courts of Justice
Belfast BT1 3JF
Telephone – 0300 200 7812
E-mail – email@example.com
Tel: 028 90 32 7703
Fax: 028 90724826
The Lands Tribunal resolves a range of disputes about the value of land and buildings, and about their occupation, use or development. Please click the below link to make any appeal.