Registered Traveller service which is similar to Global entry is a new service in UK which was introduced and implemented by UK border force which allows you to enter faster in to UK. Travellers are not even needed to fill a landing form. UK government mainly focuses on travellers convenience.
Where can you use the Registered Traveller service?
With the help of Registered Traveller service, Travellers can use the following:
UK/EU entry lanes and ePassport gates (if you have a biometric passport) at
- East Midlands
- London City
- Stansted airports
Eurostar terminals at
without having to fill in a landing card
Conditions and eligibility to use :
To use the Registered Traveller service (membership service), travellers must be 18 or older and also they have a passport from the following places:
- Hong Kong (only if you have a Special Administrative Region passport)
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Taiwan (only if your passport has your personal ID number on the photo page)
- the USA
You should have
- a valid visa or
- atleast have visited the UK 4 times
- have visited the UK more in the last 2 years.
Cost of Registered traveller service:
- £70 – apply and to use the service for 1 year.
- If your application is unsuccessful, £50 will be refunded.
- Already a member and you need to get a passport, only £20 should have to pay in order to update your passport details
- Updating your visa information is free.
How to apply for Registered traveller service?
You can apply for Registered traveller service easily. For that you need your
- Passport number and expiry date
- A debit or credit card to pay online.
You can fet an information regarding your application within 10 working days.
Registered traveller service New applicant
For a new applicant, please register here
To update visa, travel purpose or immigration status, check the link: https://www.faster-uk-entry.service.gov.uk/update-visa
There is no fee for updating your membership with a new visa or travel purpose.
For more information on registered traveller service, check here: https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller