Portsmouth Register Office UK
In Portsmouth Register Office, you can register all life events which are births, adoptions, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths. You should make an appointment directly by post or phone or online using the below contact details:
Portsmouth Register Office address:
Milldam House, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, PO1 3AF.
Phone: 023 9275 6597 (to make an appointment to register a birth or to register a death).
For all other services,
Email: email@example.com or
Call 023 9282 9041.
*If you are not able to visit the register office in Portsmouth, you can also do in Fareham, Havant, Gosport or Petersfield registry offices. For this, you need to make an appointment through phone: 0300 555 1392.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm.
Portsmouth Register Office Website: https://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/ext/register-office/register-office
Register a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership in Portsmouth, UK
You can request for birth / adoption / marriage / civil partnership / death certificates here
Portsmouth register office carries out all registration and citizenship services for Portsmouth, including:
- marriages and civil partnerships, officiating at approved Portsmouth venues
- birth registrations and changing birth certificate details, or registering a stillborn child
- registering a death – also information on graves and memorials in the three Portsmouth cemeteries
- ceremonies – vow renewals, naming and citizenship
- certificates – official copy certificates and commemorative certificates
- searches and checks – family history, and checking applications for British nationality
Corrections to a birth, death or marriage registration at Portsmouth Register Office
You can do corrections in your certificate by paying a non-refundable fee of up to £90. You will also be required to purchase new certificates. Certificate fees start from £11 each.
For more details about how to get and where to apply, procedures of birth / adoption certificates, please check here