Leigh Register Office UK
In Leigh Register Office, you can register all life events which are births, adoptions, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths. You should make an appointment directly by post or phone or online using the below contact details:
Leigh Register Office address: Turnpike Centre
Phone: 01942 404404
*You can call the above number to
order a certificate, book an appointment for a birth or death registration, book a citizenship ceremony
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm
Leigh Register Office Website: https://www.wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Births-Marriage-Deaths/Births-Marriages-Deaths.aspx
Register a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership in Leigh, UK
You can request for birth / adoption / marriage / civil partnership / death certificates here
Leigh register office carries out all registration and citizenship services for Leigh, including:
- marriages and civil partnerships, officiating at approved Leigh venues
- birth registrations and changing birth certificate details, or registering a stillborn child
- registering a death – also information on graves and memorials in the three Leigh cemeteries
- ceremonies – vow renewals, naming and citizenship
- certificates – official copy certificates and commemorative certificates
- searches and checks – family history, and checking applications for British nationality
Corrections to a birth, death or marriage registration at Leigh Register Office
You can do corrections in your certificate by paying a non-refundable fee. You will also be required to purchase new certificates. Certificate fees start from £11 each.
The fees for copy certificates include one certificate, postage and a search fee of up to five years. Additional copies of the same entry will incur the same fees.
Standard Certificate: £11 per copy – Certificates posted out (second class) within 15 working days.
Premium (same day) Certificate : £35 per copy – Available for collection only within 2 hours, Mon-Fri, if ordered before 3pm. Certificates ordered after 3pm will be available from 10am the following working day.
Express (next day) Certificate: £35 per copy – Certificates posted out same day (first class) if ordered before 1pm. Certificates ordered after 1pm will be posted (first class) the next working day.
- Pre-ordered certificates for weddings/civil partnerships – The fee is £11 per certificate and is posted out within 15 working days after the event by 2nd class post.
Please note: Certificates that are not collected within 3 months from the date the application is made will be destroyed.
Click the below links to