Deerbolt Prison in County Durham, UK address, phone number, email, website, facilities, visitors booking, documents required
Deerbolt is a prison and young offender institution near Barnard Castle, County Durham for men aged 18 to 24.
Security class: Young Offenders YOI
Address: Bowes Road, Barnard Castle, County Durham, DL12 9BG
Telephone (24 hours): 01833 633 200
Fax: 01833 633 201
Dartmoor Prison, UK Website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/deerbolt-prison
Direction: View Deerbolt Prison in County Durham, UK on Google maps
How to reach Deerbolt Prison by Train, Bus & Car?
Nearby Station: Darlington, around 20 miles away. You take a taxi from the station to the prison, or a bus from Darlington bus station to Barnard Castle.
By public transport:
There is car parking available at the prison, with some Blue Badge spaces.
Visitors instructions to enter Deerbolt Prison, UK
- All visitors, aged 16 or older must prove their identity before entering the prison. (List of acceptable forms of ID)
- Visitors should wear smart clothes (no vests, no low-cut tops, no shorts, no short dresses and no headwear, other than that worn for religious reasons).
- No refreshments available during your visit at this time.
- You will have to leave the things you have with you in a locker or with security. This includes pushchairs and car seats.
- Before the visit an officer will tell the rules. If you break, your visit will be cancelled/banned from next visit.
Safer custody hotline at Deerbolt Prison
Deerbolt Prison safer custody hotline: 01833 633 212 (you have concerns about the safety or wellbeing of a man in Deerbolt, call the safeguarding line)
How to book and visit at Deerbolt Prison?
- Be on that person’s visitor list
- Advance book to visit (at least 2 days before visiting)
- Required ID with you when you go
Maximum of 3 visitors will be allowed.(At least one visitor must be 18 or older at every visit). Per month 3 visits only allowed
Family and friends visits:
Deerbolt is running a limited visits schedule.
Visits are also happening differently than normal, observing and followed by strict guidelines
Telephone: 01833 633 349 (Call charges)
Booking hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to midday
Visiting times: Tuesday to Thursday: 1:45pm to 4:05pm
Saturday and Sunday: 1:45pm to 4:05pm
Visiting Facilities at Family and Friends:
- The visitors and family support centre run by Nepacs (currently close)
- Tea bar is available (Currently unavailable)
- There is a play area for children. (currently not available)
Legal and professional visits:
There are currently no formal legal visit sessions.
Email:LegalVisits.Deerbolt@justice.gov.uk.(For enquiries or booking a session)
Benefits on NHS visit at HMP Deerbolt Prison
You can get help with the costs of your visit, if you get certain benefits or have an NHS health certificate. (travel to Deerbolt Prison, somewhere to stay overnight and meals). For more information, please visit here.
Application forms are available in the visitor centre.
How to contact a prisoner on other ways in Deerbolt Prison, UK?
- Secure video call Service
- Prison Voicemail service.
- Email a Prisoner service.
- Sent Mail to: Bowes Road, Barnard Castle, County Durham, DL12 9BG
How to send money and gifts/parcels to the prisoners at Deerbolt Prison?
- Send money to prison free and fast online service
- No money transfer by bank, cheque, postal order or cash by post.
- If you are unable to use a computer, smart phone, internet or do not have a debit card, then apply for an ‘exemption’ to send money through the post ‘.
- You cannot hand over items during a visit. You may leave books with staff in the visitors centre, who will check them and pass them on to the prisoner.
- You can only send in underwear, socks and books. No other items are allowed. The parcel must be clearly labelled with what’s inside and include the person’s name and prisoner number on the parcel.
- All parcels will be opened and checked by officers.
- You cannot send gifts and parcels to Deerbolt. Instead you can send money and the prisoner can purchase approved items.
To make complaints at Deerbolt Prison, UK
If you have any problem,
HM Prison and Probation Service: to HMPPSPublicEnquiries@justice.gov.uk.
View the other prisons in UK address, phone numbers, email, website, facilities, booking procedure, required documents through the above link.
Contact Deerbolt Prison, UK on Social media
Is there any problem / complaint with reaching the Deerbolt Prison in County Durham, UK Address or Phone number? Please report any issues using the below comment form.Rate your experience with the Deerbolt Prison in County Durham, UK: (click on the stars below)