Croydon Register Office UK
In Croydon Register Office, you can register all life events which are births, adoptions, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths. You should make an appointment directly by post or phone or online using the below contact details:
Croydon Register Office address: Croydon Town Hall, Fell Rd, Croydon CR0 1NX, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 20 8726 6300
*You can call the above number to
order a certificate, book an appointment for a birth or death registration, book a citizenship ceremony
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4pm (closed on the first Wednesday morning of every month for training)
Croydon Register office Website: https://www.croydon.gov.uk/community/births-deaths-marriage
Register a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership in Croydon, UK
You can request for birth / adoption / marriage / civil partnership / death certificates here
Croydon register office carries out all registration and citizenship services for Croydon, including:
- marriages and civil partnerships, officiating at approved Croydon venues
- birth registrations and changing birth certificate details, or registering a stillborn child
- registering a death – also information on graves and memorials in the three Croydon cemeteries
- ceremonies – vow renewals, naming and citizenship
- certificates – official copy certificates and commemorative certificates
- searches and checks – family history, and checking applications for British nationality
Order a copy of birth, death or marriage registration at Croydon Register Office
A copy certificate can be obtained from the Register Office either in person or by post. The fee is £11 for each certificate and they take 10 working days to produce.
Payment can be made by
- debit or credit card
- cheque made payable to Croydon council
- postal order made payable to Croydon council
If applying by post you must enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope and your telephone number. If applying from outside the British Isles you must send an international money order drawn on a UK bank in pounds sterling.
Croydon Register Office offers a priority service for urgent applications for copies of birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates. These applications must be made in person. The express service is not available for certificates that have been ordered online. Certificates cost £35, payable by credit or debit card.
Certificates ordered before midday will be ready for collection after 3pm the same day. Certificates ordered after midday on a working day will be ready for collection after midday the following working day.
Process and Procedure to order a certification copy
Click the below links to