What are the Clean Air Zone (CAZ) in UK?
Clean Air Zone (CAZ) aims to improve the air quality in the zone and help preventing the pollution and clean UK’s air.
- Bath: Class C clean air zone.
- Birmingham: Class D clean air zone.
- Bradford: Class C clean air zone.
- Bristol: Class D clean air zone.
- Greater Manchester (under review)
- Portsmouth: Class B clean air zone.
- Sheffield (charging starts on 27 February 2023)
- Tyneside – Newcastle and Gateshead: Class C clean air zone.
*London has a different service of Clean Air Zone (ULEZ, LEZ).
Procedure to drive in a Clean Air Zone (CAZ) in UK? What is the charge?
What are the 4 types of clean air zones in UK?
|A||Buses, coaches, taxis, private hire vehicles|
|B||Buses, coaches, taxis, private hire vehicles, heavy goods vehicles|
|C||Buses, coaches, taxis, private hire vehicles, heavy goods vehicles, vans, minibuses|
|D||Buses, coaches, taxis, private hire vehicles, heavy goods vehicles, vans, minibuses, cars, the local authority has the option to include motorcycles|
List of cars which are exempt from the Clean Air Zone (CAZ) Charges in UK?
Which cars will be charged in Clean Air Zone?
Except the following vehicles, other vehicles are charged
- a vehicle that’s ultra low emission
- All electric cars & vehicles
- All Hybrid cars with petrol engine that comply with Euro 4 regulations
- a disabled passenger tax class vehicle.
- a disabled tax class vehicle.
- a military vehicle.
- a historic vehicle.
- a vehicle retrofitted with technology accredited by the Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme ( CVRAS )
- certain types of agricultural vehicles.
How to find if you are driving in the Clean Air Zone in UK?
You can check your vehicle here and find that you drove in the clean air zone (CAZ).
How to find your car / vehicle Euro Emission standard in UK?
|Vehicle registered from the year||Emissions standard|
|31 December 1992||Euro 1|
|1 January 1997||Euro 2|
|1 January 2001||Euro 3|
|1 January 2006||Euro 4|
|1 January 2011||Euro 5|
|1 September 2015 – but see important note below||Euro 6|
Clean Air Zone (CAZ) UK Customer Care Phone number, Hours
Clean air zone support telephone: 0300 029 8888
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm; Saturday, 8am to 2pm
For more details, visit https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones
London Congestion / Emission Charge / Zone: How to Pay / Autopay
Check the above link for the details of: Where it operates, hours, list of London congestion zones, Congestion charges, how to pay, app, customer care contact and more
Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in London, United Kingdom
View Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in London, United Kingdom Minimum Emission Standards, Vehicle Types, Charges, Website and more below…
Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) Standards for Cars in London, United Kingdom
View Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) Standards for Cars, Minimum emission standards, Charges (if ULEZ standards NOT met), Website
How to apply for the ULEZ Scrappage Scheme for Cars, Motorcycles, Vans, Wheelchair accessible vehicle (WAV)?: Eligibility, Procedure, Requirements
How to pay ULEZ, LEZ, Congestion Charge in London? Procedure, Requirements, Cost?
View the procedure to pay ULEZ, LEZ, Congestion Charge in London, UK? Procedure to pay, Requirements, Cost for Cars, Motorcycles, Vans, ad other