William Brown Street
Information desk: 0151 478 4393
International: + 44 151 478 4393
View location of World Museum, England on google maps
Free entry! Open daily 10am – 5pm.
All of National Museums Liverpool’s venues are open 10am-5pm every day except the following:
- 24 December: closed from 2pm
- 25 and 26 December: closed all day
- 31 December: closed from 2pm
- 1 January: closed all day
The Weston Discovery Centre: Open Saturdays and Sundays during term time. Monday-Sunday during school holidays.
The Clore Natural History Centre: Closed from 3.30pm on Thursdays during term time.
Best way to get into World Museum
Merseytravel: 0871 200 2233.
Close to the entrance to the Queensway Tunnel and Lime Street station.
Use the AA Route Planner to plan your journey.
Nearest train stations:
- Liverpool Lime Street – Wirral and national services
- Moorfields station – Northern line services (Southport – Hunts Cross)
- Liverpool Central – Wirral and Northern line services.
- Website: Merseyrail or National Rail Enquries.
Nearest bus stations:
- Queens Square bus station
- Liverpool One bus station
Nearest coach station:
- Norton Street (Liverpool city centre)
- Website: National Express to plan your journey.
Car and coach parking
- Pay and display parking outside the museum on William Brown Street.
- The nearest other car park is at Queen Square.
- Drop off and pick up point for coaches, with a maximum stay of 15 minutes.
- For Group bookers travelling by coach: Liverpool Travel Trade
- Espresso Bar café
- Information desk – get tickets to shows in the museum’s Planetarium and Treasure House Theatre.
- Learning base – for school and group visits.
- Aquarium – meet live fish from Australia to Anglesey in this watery world.
- Treasure House Theatre – live shows, films and demonstrations.
- Clore Natural History Centre – hold and examine objects including plants, animals and rocks.
- Bug House – see live bugs including spiders and insects.
- Exhibition gallery – special exhibitions are displayed here.
- World Cultures – see objects from the Americas, Africa, Asia and Oceania.
- Ancient World – find out about Anglo Saxons, Romans, Greeks and Egyptians.
- Weston Discovery Centre – handle objects from around the world.
- Dinosaurs – discover replica skeletons of dinosaurs, fossilised reptile footprints and Ice Age mammal bones.
- Natural World – explore the canopy of a steamy jungle and see a magnificent lion in the African plains.
- Community base- for group meetings and activities.
- Space – look at rockets, telescopes, Moon rock and models of the solar system.
- Time – see examples of clock and watch craftsmanship from 1500s to the 1960s.
- Planetarium – blast off on a spectacular journey through
space and time as the universe is revealed around you.
- World Museum café
- There are baby changing facilities on levels 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Prams can be stored in the cloakroom near the main entrance.
- Breast feeding is encouraged.
- The Richmond Hotel is a luxurious 4-star property for stay.
- Disabled facilities available.
- For Booking, contact booking team: 0151 478 4788
- Online booking, Email: online form
- Booking group catering, Contact: WMLCafe@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk
Interactive workshops are avaialble in World Museum.
|Key stage 1 workshops||Key stage 2 workshops|
|Suitable for||Key Stage 1||Key Stage 2|
|Session type||Museum led||Museum led|
|Duration||35 minutes||50 minutes|
|Class size (maximum)||30||30|
|Venue||World Museum||World Museum|
|Time||10.15am, 11.30am or 1.15pm||10.15am, 11.30am or 1.15pm|
|Dates||29, 30, 31 March
9, 10, 11, 12, 13 May
27, 28, 29 30 June
|7, 8, 9, 10 March
18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27,28 April
6, 7 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16 June
4, 5, 7, 8 July
Contact us: For bookings and enquiries call 0151 478 4336
Contact online: online enquiries form
Opening times: Daily 10am – 4.45pm (hot food is served from 11.30am to 3.30pm)
- Our coffee shop is situated on the ground floor accessible from the museum atrium.
- Serves Hot and cold food made by our in house chefs using fresh seasonal produce.
- Offer light bites including soup and pasties, sandwiches, cakes and pastries, snacks, hot and cold drinks
- Free standing tables and chairs
- Children’s menu
- Group packages available
- Free wifi
- View our coffee shop menu
Top floor café
Opening times: Daily 11am – 4pm (hot food is served from 11.30am to 3pm, Monday to Friday; 11am to 3.30pm, Saturday and Sunday)
- Situated on the fifth floor our café offers modern affordable food.
- View roof top views across the city while enjoying a hearty lunch or a light snack.
- Serves hot meals, soup, salads, a selection of freshly made sandwiches, cakes and pastries, snacks, hot and cold drinks.
- Children menu.
- View our café menu
A selection of our product range is also available from our online shop
Corporate hire, private events and weddings
Contact events team: 0151 478 4780
Email for bookings: email@example.com
City Explorer buses
Buy tickets from our museums and galleries
- A standard adult ticket costs £8 concessions are £6.
- children (age 5 to 15) and students are £5
- family tickets are £20 for 2 adults and up to 3 children.